Courfaivre, Delémont in the Jura mountains, Switzerland
In 1893, Edouard & Jule Scheffer built a factory in Courfaivre beside the river Sorne named “Scheffer Freres” (Brothers Scheffer). The Swiss postal service and the army started buying the bicycles in 1904.
In 1901 the business became “Manufacture Suisse des Cycles et Motos” and later “Condor-Werke-AG”.
All varieties of bicycles and motorbikes were produced although it appears that Condor’s main business was the production of motorcycles.
Interestingly, most Swiss army bicycles were produced at Condor’s workshops in Courfaivre, in the Delémont district. After 84 years of production, the last Swiss military bicycle was produced in 1989.
With the decline of it’s bicycle & motorcycle production, Condor turned to other areas and currently makes parts for the aerospace industry