1. Sign off all messages with your first and last name, city, state. Calling out country is also requested if not obvious.
2. Framesets – Our focus is bicycles that are made before and including 1987, and includes so called Keepers of the Flame, including road racing, randonneur, touring, path racer or track/single speed. Keeper of the Flame (KOF) refers to neoclassical bikes made by custom builders before and after 1987 which are made out of lightweight steel. Lugged or fillet brazed. Aluminum and titanium bikes can be discussed if they are strictly within the date and type rules. Klein, Cannondale (first year), Hi-E, Shook and MIT frames and Barra are examples of this allowed category as are in-period 1900-1987 glue-joined frame bikes. Off Topic are all carbon framed, “modern” TIG/MIG welded, injection molded, or mountain bikes, “middle weights”, BMX, recumbents, and cruiser, any bicycle with balloon type tires.
3. Components – Our focus is early 1900 – 1987, but any components that use friction shifting or index downtube and bar shifting for gear changing are permitted. Brake lever shifting is off-topic.
4. “For SALE” postings should agree with #1, #2 and #3 above and be posted in the For Sale Vintage Bikes area.
As a courtesy to our members, it is requested that members avoid posting very similar items for sale within the same 7 day period of the original offer for sale.
– Plan your sale ad posting carefully and include everything as it is because it is preferred that you only post once. If you wish to create a fresh thread for your listing, please private message the forum moderator so that the ad can be reviewed and possibly allowed to re-list it. No promises.
– Items should be accurately described with an “up-front” price, and high quality and comprehensive pictures should be attached or linked to.
– The description, especially measured size, and price must be in your For Sale CR post itself (not another location like Craig’s list)
– Pictures must be available at some non-disappearing location, either attached or on Google pics/Flickr, etc.
4. “Want to TRADE” items are very much like For Sale items, in that, failing a trade offer, they are very likely for sale. To avoid the appearance of trolling under the guise of seeking a trade, trade items have the same requirements of For Sale items, i.e., an up front price and pictures.
5. Do NOT use the CR group to establish “value”. “What is my/your/this item worth?” is an inappropriate topic. There may be an area in the forum for this type of activity, not for now. One may want to search online auctions such as eBay.
6. Please make every post substantive in which every message contributes to the communal knowledge base. Five messages maximum per day/per member, please be mindful of others viewing you as a know it all with nothing better to do.
7. Please do not send “Attaboy,” “Me too”, or jokes. These posts waste bandwidth and jokes are too often misunderstood and create strife.
8. Commercial messages are OK IF they are specifically On Topic and are not repetitive.
The below is included here solely to protect the web site owner’s ability to keep someone from copying and selling posts or content as a book or database. Members should have no fear by participating in our Classic Rendezvous (CR) Google Group (Forum), remembering that posting something that is already copyrighted (like a photo & more) cannot grant ownership to the ClassicRendezvous.com.
By joining and participating in the CR Forum, each applicant and user hereby affirmatively waives any and all claims, causes of action, rights of action which may arise at any point or anytime with respect to any alleged libel, slander, defamation, false light claim or any other related personal tort claim. This waiver shall inure to the benefit of all CR Forum members, the CR Forum master, Guy Apple, an individual, and any assigns, heirs, or representatives. Each user assumes his or her own risk by participating in the CR Forum. Subject to the discretion of the CR Forum master, members engaging in abusive or tortuous behavior will be permanently removed.
Any and all claims or suits arising out of use, in any manner, of the CR Forum shall be subject to mandatory arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Such arbitration shall take place in San Mateo County, California, and be governed by the law of the State of California regardless of any conflicting choice of law provision.
Each and every participant member of the CR Forum does hereby irrevocably assign all rights of copyright and authorship (as such is defined by 17 USC Section 102) to the list owner Guy Apple. This assignment shall extend to each and every internet posting or other written or graphic depiction related to the subjects for which the CR list exists. This assignment shall be deemed a self effectuating contract to which each member agrees and specifically consents by way of his or her participation in the CR Forum. This assignment shall begin and become effective as of June 1, 2023. Upon prior written consent by Guy Apple shall this self effectuating assignment be deemed to not have occurred and the copyright shall remain with the original author.
Recognizing that actual damages are difficult to ascertain and yet are certain and devastating to the CR Forum, any member, former member or nonmember who violates the copyright of either the CR Forum master Guy Apple, or any other CR Forum member shall be subject to injunctive relief and money damages in a liquidated sum of $1000.00 per violation. Users, members and others who access the content of this list hereby expressly consent to the legal and equitable jurisdiction of the United States Court for the San Mateo County, California.
This provision shall supersede, but not replace any other provision of the CR Forum Rules with respect to arbitration of conflicts and shall be deemed to apply solely to matters of alleged copyright infringement.