The “King’s” first shop start up was in Battersea, 1928. The enterprise grew to become a multi store empire until it’s demise (under CB ownership) in the 1960s. Claud had a flair for self promotion. But his bikes always stood for quality and excellence.
The top builders who brazed and filed under the CB banner over the years included Fred Dean, George Stratton, Les Ephgrave and Bill Philbrook.
Claud passed away in 1978.
Genuine CB-at-the-helm era bicycles now are among the most collected in lightweight vintage circles.