Arnold Elsegood (~ July 2003)
Lord Mayor’s Walk, then in Nov 1958 to Burton Stone Lane, York, England
(Notes courtesy Alan Elsegood, eldest son, on the London Fixed-gear and Single-speed forums)
– Custom bicycles originally named Minster, shifted to A.E.Elsegood as the stock of “Minster” transfers was exhausted.
– The shop was close to York Minster, which was visible from the windows of the living quarters above the shop.
– Was one of the founders of the York Cycle Rally and his ashes were distributed at the site of the Lightweight Tent on York Knavesmire, at which he officiated for many years.
– Always had enameling done by Ellis Briggs of Shipley.