Via Gora e Barbatole, 51100 Pistoia, Province of Pistoia, Italy
VINER was founded in 1947 in Pistoia, a small town approx 30 miles northwest from Florence, by Mr. Viviano Nerozzi. The brand name is just a contraction of his first and second name VI-NER. During those early years they manufacture city bikes and by the 1950s, VINER introduced its first road racing bikes.
VINER began sponsoring some amateur cycling teams and the brand popularity grew accordingly. The 1960s were the boom years for VINER as they become sponsors for Furzi-FT pro team and several pro cyclists like Conti and Polidori used VINER bikes during Giro d’Italia. The company was able to successfully export their bikes, to both Europe, U.S. and Australia.
In 1978 VINER bikes were used by the Dutch winners of the 100 km Chrono at the World Championship. The company continued to increase its business volume in the 1980s as they begin to manufacture mountain bikes as well. In the 1990s VINER was technical sponsor for pro-teams like Mapei, Navigare and Scrigno.
In 1994 Viviano Nerozzi, at age 69, passes away. The company continues without interruption, managed by Cesare Baldi and the Nerozziis family.
Then, in 2007 Viviano Nerozzi’s successor, Cesare Baldi, passes away at age 55. Despite this loss, the company continued to be very active and managed by the family…
Thanks to Marco Borri
Sadly, Viner closed it’s doors in 2013, although the brand
continues under new ownership and produced by vendors…